Home page/ Special Projects / Youth Big Band
Youth Big Band
“The Youth Big Band” is a union of professional and young musicians in classical-jazz orchestra, a laboratory for professional communication, a platform for experience exchange, and a basis for the convergence of different cultures.
The goal of the project is to support young musicians of the Krasnoyarsk region, tocontribute to the development of their creative potential, to improve their professional skills, and to identify their creative achievements in music.
The objectives of the project are:
- to promote a cultural dialogue and open new names;
- to bring cultures together and create new cultural traditions;
- to unite classical and jazz elements and improvisation technique;
- to establish contacts, and to exchange experience;
- to build trust and mutual understanding.
The participants of “The Youth Big Band”:
- "The 13thAmendment?";
- Students and teachers of the Krasnoyarsk College of Arts named after P.I. Ivanov-Radkevich;
- Vocal ensemble "The Moon Light";
- Folk ensemble "Bereginya".
The artistic director of the project, composer and conductor - LaFrae Sci – a professional musician (drums), a leader of the band «The 13th Amendment?», a professor and director of the Brooklyn Middle School Jazz Academy at Jazz at Lincoln Center, and Cultural Ambassador to the U.S. State Department.